Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Layout: Sunday Lunch


I didn't take many photos when I went to KY in May. I used my iPhone for all the ones I did take. Looking back I wish I would have used my camera and that I would have taken more.

My Aunt Wanda, daughter Hannah and I went to a Flea Market. After shopping we stopped at Cracker Barrel for lunch. I had Hannah take the photo of Wanda and me. A very nice woman and her husband came by and offered to take the one of all three of us. I was inspired to do a layout, in a style called shabby chic. Whenever something new looks old (shabby chic) I love it.

This layout is loosely based on the sketch below from Scrapbooks Etc. They have many more to choose from that you can see here.


I used the Mariposa stack from DCWV for the patterned paper and the Colorful Life stack for the lettering. I diecut the letters using Cat 'n Mouse from Sizzix.


I used up the scraps I had to make four flowers - two orangish-pink and two teal. I used Nestablilities scalloped circles and dictionary paper for the flowers. I had a package of pearlized white stamens in my stash so I added them to the centers. 

For the other flowers above I used the Art Flowers Vintage Collage from Hero Arts. The button in the center is from Favorite Findings. I had purchased the crotchet flowers from a shop in Etsy. The teal flowered center is a flower from Prima. I added a Vintage Black Pearl Trinket Pin from Maya Road. 



The green flower I picked up somewhere, but I'm not sure where or who the manufacturer is. The brad in the center of the Hero Arts flower is from Bazzill. You can also see a small portion of the faux pearls I used from Recollections.


Here's one of the teal flowers I made and a white one from Prima. Other products used on this layout include   a calendar card from Jenni Bowlin, Canvas Fringe from Canvas Corp, and a small rose from My Moments. I used Vintage Photo Distress Ink from Tim Holtz for all the inking on the edges of the flowers and patterned paper. Spellbinders Grand Nestabilities Labels Four and Grand Squares were used to diecut some of the patterned paper.

This post is linked to these parties: What I Whipped Up Wednesday, Inspiring Creativity, Delightfully Inspiring Thursday

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

09 10