Monday, June 18, 2012

Layout: Tree Of Life



Every year when we return from vacation my husband goes through all the photos we've taken and we choose the ones we like best for frames for our "vacation wall". We've finally ran out of room on the wall we're currently using. We're going to have to use the wall that goes up our stairway next. We had a few pictures we didn't use so I decided to do a layout with one of them. I haven't even started going through the photos to see what I want to scrap yet. Wait....I have MANY vacations that need to be scrapped. I'm always behind :)

For this layout I checked some of my favorite sites for sketches and settled on a one-photo sketch from Got Sketch? It's sketch 115 and you can see it here.

We took this photo at Animal Kingdom's signature landmark, The Tree of Life. The tree towers 14 stories and has hundreds of carvings depicting all manner of wildlife. It's a very stunning symbol of the interdependence of all living things.

The patterned paper I used is from a stack called Bella Bohemia by The Paper Studio. I picked it up when I visited Hobby Lobby. I love all the patterns and the colors. I have a tendency to gravitate toward darker colors. I originally bought it to use for some mini albums so I'm excited to start working on them.

For the lettering I used Tim Holtz idea-ology Random Alpha Parts. I used the EK Success bracket punch for the edges of the cardstock behind the photo and I used Sizzix framelits for the diecut used behind the lettering. I had this very sturdy piece of burlap leftover from a project I made using Canvas Corp products. It fit perfectly as a mat behind my photo. I also added journaling on a tag that I inserted into a mini bag from Canvas Corp.



I made the twine flowers and I just adore them! The centers are brads from BazzillHere's the tutorial I used to make them.


This post is linked to these parties: Saturday Showcase, Think Pink Sundays, Craft-O-Maniac Monday, Made by you Monday, Make it Great Monday, All Things Fee, A Marvelous Mess

Thanks for looking!

7 comments:

Susie McGuire said...

Love this layout Patty. I also like the twine flowers. I might have to scraplift and use those in an album.

Patty Albertson said...

My thoughts exactly Susie! I was thinking they would look great on a vintage mini book :) Great minds think alike!

Etcetorize said...

Looks great! I have to check out this sketch site. I'm always challenged when it comes to lay outs but you've given me several ideas with just this one. So glad you linked up at Etcetorize this week!

Arlene said...

Great layout - love those twine flowers.

Patty Albertson said...

Thanks Arlene!

Michelle said...

You did a beautiful job with these twine flowers - glad you liked my tutorial, I am loving all the twine flowers I see.

Patty Albertson said...

Your welcome Michelle! I'm so glad I was able to use your tutorial for them!

09 10