Saturday, March 31, 2012

Wedding Cards

Today I Married.... 

Today I'm going to share two cards I've created for an order I'm working on. The third one I made about a month ago for another order for the same customer. I decided I better take a photo and blog after I make a few. Otherwise I get behind and end up having to do everything all at once.


Today I Married..... 

I popped up the sentiment on this one. I love this silver paper from TPC Studio. On the flowers I used some stickles to give them a little sparkle. Below is the sentiment I used on the inside.

inside of Today I Married....


Mr. and Mrs.  

To give this card a little pop I added the red jute and liquid pearls to the center of the flower.

inside of Mr. and Mrs.

On the inside I used a stamp from Verses Rubber Stamps called Warm Congratulations.

Congratulations.....

I added a little color with the red bling on this one. 

I thought I'd share some of my favorite adhesives. Clockwise below I have my Scotch Advanced Tape Glider, Zip Dry Wet Paper Glue and foam mounting tape.



I'm so happy I decided to break down and buy the Scotch Tape Glider! After years of using inferior tape runners that don't adhere the cardstock to my projects I needed something new. I kept seeing people using them in videos I watch on YouTube. Thanks to my friend Susie over at Creative Cafe, I decided to purchase one. I asked her opinion and she emailed me a 40% off coupon for Michael's. It's a very aggressive adhesive which I love. When I use it, I know that nothing is going to fall off a project. I don't use it alot, but I would never go back to other tape runners that I once used.

My next absolute favorite is Zip Dry. I have other wet glues that I use for various projects, but this is my number one adhesive that I use exclusively. I use it for everything. I use this more than the tape glider.

The foam mounting tape shown in the photo above is something that I buy at the Dollar Store. I saw a video (I can't remember who did the video - sorry!) and the woman said that's what she used instead of buying foam pop up dots. What a fantastic tip! It's so much less expensive and all you have to do is cut it to size. I found it in the hardware section. I will never spend money on the other stuff again!


I was telling my husband I need more table space! The problem is I don't have room. I have one table to work on. The mess above is another table I use to the right of my work table. I like to pull everything out and have it at my fingertips while working. The only thing is, I fill it up so much I can't find anything! I really miss having a six-foot and a four-foot table to use like I did in our house in Minnesota. Now I'm down to two four-foot ones. My only option is to take the sofa out of my room. I can't do that because my furry friends use it. I wouldn't want them to have to lay on the floor!

Products used for these cards include: Cardstock by PTI, Stamps from Inkadinkado, Fiskars, Verses Rubber Stamps and Studio G, Sizzix and Cuttlebug Embossing Folders, Liquid Pearls, Stickles, Jute, Sheer Ribbon, Memento Black Ink, EK Success Edge Punch, Corner Punch from Creative Memories, Patterned Paper from TPC Studio, Stampendous! Dot Sparklers, Metallic Decor from Hero Arts.

I still have quite a few more cards that I'll be sharing as I finish them. Thanks for stopping by!


No comments:

09 10