Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Trio Of Cards Using Jillibean Soup Cardstock

Find Joy Every Day 

My intention was to make these cards without doing any inking on them. It didn't last! I love the look of the white, but to me they just needed that touch of black around the edge to make them pop a little.

Thank You 

To stamp the image for each card I used Smooch Ink. I really like how the image doesn't stamp completely. I also like that some parts are thicker and some are lighter. I think I'll experiment with other images using Smooch.

Thinking of You 

When creating these, my first thought was to just have the die cut opening with the plaid pattern showing through. They really looked plain. That's when I tried the white frame around the openings and to me they looked so much better!

Sorry for the sporadic posts and long periods in between each one. My husband has been ill and I craft and blog when I get a chance. Because of that you may see several posts in a row and then a week or more without anything. Hoping things turn around soon and we'll be back to normal.

Thanks for stopping by!

Products used for these cards:
Nestabilities: Scalloped Circle, Scalloped Square, Fancy Labels
Stamps: Hero Arts Special Note of Thanks CL499, Find Joy CL497 & With Sympathy CL476
Cardstock Base: PTI in White
Ink: Memento in Tuxedo Black
Smooch Ink: Green Apple, Gold Lame, Azure
Cloud9 Design: Rain Dots
Hero Arts: Gemstones, Metallic Decor

This post is linked to these parties:
Inspiring Creativity
Whatever Goes Wednesday
What I Whipped Up Wednesday

Dragonfly Designs

2 comments:

Arlene said...

Glad to see you posting. Adding things is your artistic side coming out. :)

Karen L K said...

I really like this set of cards. That frame added a lot. Very creative.

09 10