Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Graduation Cards


I'm so behind in posting cards I created for a custom order. I'm hoping in the next week or so to get them all blogged. In total I made 21 cards. Some of the ones I've already blogged about can be seen here and here.

For the background on this card I used an embossing folder from The Paper Studio that I picked up at Hobby Lobby. It's called Intricate Swirl. The cardstock is from PTI in pure poppy, true black and white. I used an EK Success punch called open scallop on the border of the white cardstock. For the hat I just used a black square of cardstock and added a black brad. The tassel is made from black crotchet thread. I just rolled up white paper for the diploma. The letters are from EK Success called alpha mod script.


I used a Sizzix die for the leaves on this card. I've had this die for quite awhile. The velvet flowers are from Prima, the white ones are from Hero Arts. The stamp is from Heidi Grace Designs called clear stamp quotes. Cardstock is from PTI, Bazzill. I also used some black sparkle paper and black brads for the flower centers.


When I created this card, I didn't realize I had used the same sentiment as the card above this one! I guess I have too many stamps and can't keep track of all of them! This stamp is from Hero Arts called anytime messages CL129. Other items include black metallic decor from Hero Arts, black/white twine, red and black sparkle paper and cardstock from PTI. I used Sizzix fancy labels for the dies.


Life's Possibilities from Tim Holtz is the stamp I used on this card. The embossing folder used for the kraft border is called argyle and black/white twine is tied around it. Hero Arts gemstones in red are used around the sentiment. The cardstock is from PTI and I also used red sparkle paper.


I used black and silver sparkle paper for the stars. The stars were cut using a die from Sizzix. The stamp is from Hero Arts called everyday sayings CL342.

I am having a hard time finding stamps with a graduation theme. I have looked everywhere! I don't care for the real cutesy ones with owls and things. I just want some decent sentiments and maybe a few other stamps to coordinate that aren't real detailed. I could use a few simple dies also. I just can't believe they are that difficult to come by. I've scoured all stores I go to and have checked online. Maybe I'm not looking in the right places. If anyone knows of any, please let me know! Some decent baby stamps and dies would also be nice too.

The other day I received an email from Nicole over at Raggedy Creek Creations. She asked permission to use one of my cards in a post she was writing. How nice was that!! She was creating a graduation card and had found one I made last year that she was going to use as inspiration to make hers. The card I created is here and you can see her take on it here.

Larger images of all these cards can be seen in my Flickr account.

This post is linked here: Crafty Confessions: Tuesday Confessional Link Party, Made by You Monday, Take-A-Look Tuesday

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

09 10