Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge: Sketch #101

Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge

Every day I get the newsletter from Paper Playful with all the daily listings of challenges. It's one the the emails I love to get and peruse to see if there are any challenges that catch my eye. The other day the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge looked interesting so I thought I'd give it a try. This is my first time playing along with them.

For my card I used Tim Holtz watercolor paper and inked it up with these distress inks: crushed olive, worn lipstick, scattered straw, tumbled glass and dusty concord. I found some thinner Bazzill cardstock in my stash and used two different Fiskars flower punches to create three flowers. I dusted the edges with versamark and then finished them off with white embossing powder. the sentiment is from a Tim Holtz clear set called Phrases 2. Base cardstock is from PaperTrey Ink. I used bling from various manufacturers: Recollections, Doodlebug Design and October Afternoon.



Be sure to click the link about to go check out the submissions for this challenge! Thanks for stopping by!

8 comments:

Lisa said...

Ooh...I love this.....love the colors....love the flowers.....it's beautiful...

Eileen said...

Gorgeous! Love watercolor :)

Unknown said...

I love the colours and the technique you used. This is beautiful. I am so glad you choose to join us this week at AHSC,and hope you do again !!

Anonymous said...

Welcome...hope to see you as a regular at AHSC.

Brandi said...

So pretty, I love the colours and how they blend together with each other. Stunning card.

Thanks for playing along with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (AHSC)!

Brandi R
DT member AHSC
crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

Jasmina said...

I like everything about this card. Colors, design and how it all fits together. Gorgeous!
Thanks for joining us at AHSC this week. Hope you visit us again.

Jasmina

Unknown said...

I love the water coloured paper and those flowers are stunning. Thanks for playing along at AHSC.

Linda said...

What a great sentiment!! Love your background and take on the sketch! Beautiful card! Thanks for playing along at AHSC.

Linda N
ASCH DT member
www.scrappytherapy.com

09 10