Friday, July 8, 2011

Cards From Mistakes

Sparkle
The other day I scored cardstock incorrectly not once, but THREE times! I didn't want to toss it so I set it aside. I think I was just so engaged in watching the verdict in the Casey Anthony trial that I wasn't paying attention to what I was doing.

Here are the two of the cards I've come up with. I'm still working on a third one. On both of them I used a strip of cardstock that I adhered to the edge of the card where it didn't meet the other side. I then used an EK Success Punch on the edge called Open Scallop.

In my email yesterday, I received the video of the week email from Hero Arts (you can check it out here). I was inspired by how the buttons were embossed, so this is my take on it:
Sparkle
I looked through my stamps, found one I liked, stamped on the button and embossed it. On the next card instead of embossing, I used Smooch and made dots.
Happy B-Day
I then covered the button with an iridescent sparkle glaze.
Happy B-Day
For the leaves I used a die from Sizzix called Branch with Leaves.
Happy B-Day
I used a stylus to give the leaves some dimension.

Other products used for these cards: PTI Cardstock in Rustic White, Buttons, Smooch, EK Success Edge Punch, Patterned Paper from Creative Imaginations, McGill Stylus, Tim Holtz Black Soot Distress Ink, Clear Embossing Powder, Baker's Twine, Hero Arts Stamps - Find Joy - CL497.

Thanks for stopping by! Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Mathspiration said...

Way to make lemons into lemonade...and not that cheap powdered lemonade, but the fresh squeezed kind.

09 10