Saturday, April 30, 2011

Happy Thoughts Mini Book

I created this mini book from some cardboard circles that were going to be tossed in the trash. Much to my husband's dismay, I've become a hoarder of anything that I think has a possibility of being altered into a creative project.
Happy Thoughts Mini
I used my new Tim Holtz Mini Paper Rosettes die to create the flower.

I love quotes, so I gathered up some "Happy Thoughts" and decided they would be perfect in a mini book to reference on days when you just aren't feeling very chipper. With all this nasty weather we've been having and not seeing much sunshine, I don't know about you, but it really gets to me.
HT pg 1 & 2
HT pg 3 & 4
HT pg 5 & 6
HT pg 7 & 8
HT pg 9 & 10
HT pg 11 & 12
HT pg 13 & 14
I used a Sizzix die and Nestabilities to cut my tags. Not liking the hole in the tag, I used my new Tim Holtz Tiny Tabs & Tags Sizzix Bigz die to cut a tab that I secured on the top. I then stapled ribbon to it.

I really wanted to make this a simple little book. I love the bright, dots on this paper as I think it looks "happy". I used six sheets of 12x12 paper, eight cardboard circles, two rings, tags I diecut, miscellaneous ribbon and embellishments from my stash.

My husband thought the book need photos. I had to remind him that you can make books without pictures!

Products used for this book: Classic Scalloped Circles Small & Standard Circles Small Nestabilities, Basic Glitter Patterned Paper by Best Creation Inc, Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Black Soot, Tiny Tabs & Tags Sizzix Bigz Die & Mini Paper Rosettes Die, Mini Market Stickers from October Afternoon, Miscellaneous Ribbon, Cloud 9 Design Rain Dots, Miscellaneous Flowers, Hero Arts Metallic Decor, and Martha Stewart Butterfly Punch.

Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

Vicky said...

Wow! Patty :) I love your album!! How fun, you've inspired me :)

Beate said...

Gorgeous Mini book!
Hugs and smiles

Jennifer Davis said...

This is adorable Patty! Love it!

Anne Gaal said...

Hi, Patty! What a wonderful mini-album! I love recycling things and making them into art. Love your happiness quotes, too. Super idea! :-)

09 10