Wednesday, August 8, 2018

Happy Birthday

Happy Birthday 

My plan was to participate in some card challenges this week.

That didn't pan out for me.

I haven't done any crafting in the evenings this week after work. I've been recuperating because I managed to fall again! I fell two weeks ago Sunday and I haven't fully recovered from that fall yet. 

Sunday evening I was attempting to take photos of the cards I had made and I fell off of a chair backwards, LOL. Needless to say, I really did a number on my right arm (my right hand hasn't healed yet from my first fall!) and the right side of my back. Crafting can be dangerous!

On to the cards that I did get made. I watercolored a piece of Strathmore Mixed Media paper (my favorite!) with distress oxides. I used peeled paint, evergreen bough and bundled sage. I like to let my  paper dry naturally.

Happy Birthday 

After the paper was dry, I die cut all the leaves out using the Sizzix Tim Holtz Garden Greens die.

Happy Birthday 

That little magnetic bowl has saved my life!

I put my dies in there when working with them so they don't get lost.

I have one flower die I'm trying to find that has fallen on the floor and I haven't been able to locate.

I'm sure it's stuck behind something

Happy Birthday

For the background on this card I used the Cheesecloth background stamp from Rubbernecker Stamps. After adding my ink I spritzed water in the stamp and then layed my paper on stamp. 

I used distress oxide inks for both cards. 

For this one I used fossilized amber. 

Happy Birthday

The stamp is from Simon Says Stamp called Handwritten Borders.

Happy Birthday

Happy Birthday

For this card I used wild honey distress oxide ink.

I just stamped the background on this card. I didn't spritz it with any water.

Happy Birthday

The sentiment for this card is from Close To My Heart called Joyful Birthday Occasions.

Happy Birthday

I really love how the leaves turned out.

I still have some left to use with a few other cards. I'll probably make some more to keep on hand.

Happy Birthday

Now I'm off to see what card challenges catch my interest for this week.

Thanks for stopping by!


No comments:

09 10