Sunday, July 15, 2018

Two Cards, Same Colors, Different Looks

fullsizeoutput_2364 

I was playing around with some distress oxide inks today. 

I've created two cards using the same colors but they look very different.

fullsizeoutput_2368 

I used distress watercolor cardstock for both cards. 

For my first card I used the smooth surface. 

I put some ink on my mat, spritzed with water and dipped each card panel into the ink. In order to layer the colors, I dried the cardstock after each color was applied.

fullsizeoutput_2366 

The sentiment is from Taylored Expressions and so is the die I used for the coffee cups. 
I used a Stampin' Up stamp set and a Bo Bunny stamp set on the background.
I'll list the names of all products used below. 

fullsizeoutput_236c 

For my second card I used the textured surface. 

The look created is way different than the first card. I like them both!

fullsizeoutput_236e 

I did the same process to layer the inks for this card as I did for the first one. 

fullsizeoutput_236a

The sentiment used for this card is Funny Bones by Riley & Company.

I also use some sparkling clear droplets on this card. 

Products used: 
Taylored Expressions: Some Like It Hot & Coffee Time
Stampin' Up: Timeless Textures
Bo Bunny: Stained Textures
Ranger: Tim Holtz Distress Watercolor Cardstock
Funny Bones by Riley & Company
Distress Oxides: antique linen, fossilized amber, wild honey, peacock feathers, fired brick, vintage photo

Thanks for stopping by!













No comments:

09 10