Saturday, June 25, 2016

June Swap Cards

Lilies

I haven't done much crafting since May! I finally cleaned my craft room Memorial Day weekend. It's not "perfect". I know I can do more organizing, but it's far better than what it was! I can actually find stuff now. I took a whole vehicle full of stuff to the Goodwill. I had a lot of organizing containers that I didn't need anymore because of the way my room is set up now. I also found craft stuff I'm no longer using, so it all went away.

A friend was over and I did some die cutting for her. That's about the extent of card making that I've had time for. I've been working on two mixed media canvas creations for my craft room wall. I'm at a stopping point until I figure out what else I want to add to them.

After cleaning my room I decided I wanted to make some more mini albums. I've wanted to do that for awhile but I just didn't know what paper collections I wanted to use. After going through all my paper I selected two different ones to start with. So that's what I've been working on. Needless to say my room is getting messy again!

I had to whip these cards out really fast in order to get them in the mail on the due date for the swap I participate in. Hopefully my partners will like them and not notice that they were made very quickly!

I went to a stamp show on June 11th and picked up some new Rubbernecker stamps. This Lilly stamp is one of them. I really like their stamps. I spent way too much at that show, so I am cut off from buying any crafting supplies for awhile!

Lilies

I kept my design simple and used the same stamp for all the cards. I used Tim Holtz Distress markers to watercolor the images. The colors are very muted. Next time I use this stamp I'm going to use a different type of ink to get a brighter look. 

Lilies

I used Versafine to stamp the images including the sentiments. I then embossed with clear embossing powder. 

Lilies

All of the sentiments are from the Sweet 'n Sassy stamp set called Bloom & Grow with the exception of the blue card. That sentiment is from Sparkle 'n Sprinkle.

Lilies

I die cut both my image and the mat with another new item I purchased at the Stamp Show. These rectangle stitched dies are from Our Daily Bread.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

09 10