Sunday, July 8, 2012

Mixed Berry-Pineapple Smoothie


I'm always surprised at how high the calories are in a smoothie. This one comes in at approximately 440 calories! I've been having a smoothie for at least one of my meals every day this summer. They really fill me up and I don't seem to snack as much in between meals.


I change up what kind of fruit I use. For this smoothie these are the amounts I used:

Mixed Berry-Pineapple Smoothie

1 cup Chobani plain yogurt - 140 calories
1 cup Dole Baby Spinach - 7 calories
1/4 cup So Delicious Coconut Milk - 18 calories
1/2 cup Great Value Berry Medley frozen fruit - 35 calories
1/2 cup Dole Pineapple Chunks frozen fruit - 47 calories
1/2 Tbsp LouAna Coconut oil - 60 calories
1/4 cup Quaker Oats Old Fashioned Oatmeal - 75 calories
1 Tbsp Agave Nectar - 60 Calories

I just toss all ingredients in my blender and mix it up. I have to stop and start to make sure it starts blending. Sometimes I have to add a little extra milk to get it going. This is where a heavy duty Ninja would come in handy! Hopefully that will be my next kitchen purchase.


This one had a great flavor! I don't add ice if I use frozen fruit, only when I use fresh. I don't always use coconut oil either. One of the reasons I add it is because I count that as part of my fat for the day. What ingredients do you add to your smoothies?

This post is linked to this party: Think Pink Sunday

No comments:

09 10