Sunday, January 11, 2015

Merry Monday Christmas Challenge: Merry Monday #140 {Snowflakes} & The 12 Months of Christmas Link Up!

Merry Monday Christmas Challenge: Merry Monday #140 {Snowflakes} & The 12 Months of Christmas Link Up!


This year I've decided to link up to as many Christmas Challenges as I can throughout the year. I'm hoping this helps me to get more holiday cards made so I'm not down to the wire when Christmas rolls around. I really got a late start this past year and although I made cards, I never sent them out! Not a one. That just means I have a head start for this year!

I'm using this card for two challenges: The Merry Monday Christmas Challenge and The 12 Months of Christmas Link Up. I decided to go with the snowflake theme for my card. For the 12 Months of Christmas Link Up the theme Father Time was optional so my card worked for both challenges.

I used a snowflake embossing folder from Cuttlebug for my background and inked it up with Tim Holtz distress ink in tumbled glass. I used a Tim Holtz Alterations Paper Snowflake Die for my glittery snowflake diecut from Recollections Brights Signature Glitter Cardstock. I also used the same paper for my mat and the word Joy cut from another Tim Holtz word die called Script. 

I REALLY love these word dies! I've been checking out all the new products coming out at CHA and I just know I have to have some of the new word dies from Tim Holtz! You can see them here on his blog! LOVE THEM!


Merry Monday #140 Snowflakes


The 12 Months of Christmas Link Up
Challenge #1 Optional Theme: Father Time

Hoping to get some more cards finished for some other challenges today and keep working on a custom thank you card order I'm almost done with. So many challenges, so little time! Thanks for stopping by! 

3 comments:

Karren said...

Wow, that turquoise snowflake is amazing! Fabulous, glittery card! It's a great idea to work on Christmas cards throughout the year - takes the pressure off in Nov/Dec. Best of luck with your goal. Thanks so much for joining us at Merry Monday.

Decosse's Dynamite Doodles said...

Hello there! I just wanted to pop over and say welcome to The 12 Months of Christmas Link Up. I'm so pleased you've found us and I hope that you'll be able to continue to join us throughout the year. Don't forget that linking up two Christmas cards each month, earns you a free digital paper. Plus if you follow the optional theme, you also have a chance at an additional prize. Your card is gorgeous. Love that snowflake and the great textured background. Hope to see you again and good luck with getting your stash done for December!

☺ Lisa D.
Co-coordinator for The 12 Months of Christmas Link Up!
Décosse’s Dynamite Doodles – My Personal Blog!
Path of Positivity – My other challenge blog!

Laura said...

This is such a beautiful card.. love the colour.. love that snowflake..
thanks for joining us at 12 Months of Christmas Link Up!!
LAura DT

09 10