Monday, January 12, 2015

Color Throwdown #324

Color Throwdown #324

This challenge made me so happy! I'm always up for creating a card with red, black and white. This is one of my favorite color combinations. 

For my background I used both a Sizzix and a Darice embossing folder for the black and red cardstock. The white is a Nestabilities Fancy Label that I die cut. I used the Tim Holtz Marker Spritzer to create the background on the label using Distress Markers in black soot and festive berries. The sentiment is a Simon Says Stamp die that I cut. I am really loving all of the word dies that I seem to be collecting. So much faster than always stamping!

I'm linking this card up to the Color Throwdown Challenge. There are really some beautiful cards over there from the design team and cardmakers that have joined the challenge. I hope you'll check them out!


Color Throwdown #324

Stay warm today! Temps will be in the 30's by Friday! Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Monika/Buzsy said...

Great card Patty. I love the dry embossed background and the delicate die-cut word. Thank you for playing along with us at The Color Throwdown.

Wanda Cullen said...

Great textured BG and love the splatter details! Thanks so much for joining us in the throwdown challenge!

09 10