Sunday, December 15, 2013

More Quick And Easy Cards!



I've been on a roll creating Christmas cards. It's like once I start I can't stop! They're one of my favorite to make. All of the cards in this post were made using the patterned paper stack from DCWV called Christmas Memories. I really like the patterned background paper I used on this card. The poinsettia is one from my stash that is by Hero Arts. The leaves are by Recollections. Sentiment from Hero Arts.

My cards will be going in the mail late this year. Last year I made the decision to only send handmade cards to certain people and the rest received a "store bought" card. I'll be doing that again this year. 


This background paper is gorgeous, but it was hard to get a good photo. I cut a snowflake from some grungeboard and the Tim Holtz Sizzix Movers and Shapers Mini Snowflakes set and added some of the Tim Holtz Distress Glitter and a gem in center. Sentiment is from Hero Arts.


I love how this card turned out! I think the mix of patterns looks so warm together. To make this card quick and easy I added a sticker sentiment from Best Creation. The tree was die cut with the Sizzix Pine Tree die. I love that the dot sparklers I added to the tree are flat. That helps so that you don't have to add extra postage and also worry about the gems ripping the envelope enroute to the recipient.


Love this wooden tree. They were an impulse buy when I stopped into Michael's for something else! At 40% off how could I resist?! I like the added sparkle from the tinsel twine. Sentiment is from Hero Arts.

Products Used:
PTI in Pure Poppy, Ripe Avocado, New Leaf
Patterned Paper: DCWV - Christmas Memories Stack
Bling: Dot Sparklers by Stampendous, Pearl Gemstones
Sentiment Stickers: Best Creation
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Vintage Photo, Ranger Jet Black
Wood Tree: Recollections
Tinsel Twine: Tim Holtz
Glitter: Tim Holtz Distress Glitter
Snowflake: Tim Holtz Sizzix Mini Snowflakes & Grungeboard
Hero Arts: Poinsettia
Recollections: Leaves
Stamps: Hero Arts - Joy To All - CL460, Holiday Sayings - CL343, Very Merry Christmas - CL543
Dies - Tim Holtz Sizzix Movers and Shapers Mini Snowflakes Set & Sizzix Pine Tree

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

09 10