Monday, December 16, 2013

Sour Cream Noodle Bake




This recipe is from Ree Drummond. I saw it on Pinterest and followed the link to her site The Pioneer Woman. I couldn't resist making it. It sounded like good comfort food on a cold evening.

She calls it a "bake" and I say it's a "casserole". Either way, I thought it was delicious and now I have something to take for lunch the two days I work this week. I probably have more than enough to also eat some of it for a few dinners too! Of course, my youngest daughter could stop over and have some. I know my oldest one won't because it has beef in it!


If you enjoy this type of food, I'd encourage you to try the recipe. It was also very easy to throw together.

Sour Cream Noodle Bake
The Pioneer Woman

1-1/4 pounds Ground Chuck (I used lean and only 1 lb)
1 can - 15-ounces Tomato Sauce (I used no-sodium)
1/2 teaspoon salt (I used 1/4 tsp)
Freshly Ground Black Pepper
8 ounces, Wide Egg Noodles
1/2 cup Sour Cream
1-1/4 cup Small Curd Cottage Cheese
1 cup Grated Sharp Cheddar Cheese

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Brown ground chuck in a large skillet. Drain fat, then add tomato sauce, 1/2 teaspoon salt and plenty of freshly ground black pepper. Stir, then simmer while you prepare the other ingredients.

Cook egg noodles until al dente. Drain and set aside.

In a medium bowl, combine sour cream and cottage cheese. Add plenty of freshly ground black pepper. Add to noodles and stir. Add green onion and stir.

To assemble, add half of the noodles to a baking dish. Top with half he meat mixture, then sprinkle on half the grated cheese. Repeat with noodles, meat, then a final layer of cheese. Bake for 20 minutes, or until all cheese is melted.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

09 10