Monday, April 1, 2013

April Birthday Cards......And I'm Even Early!

Happy Birthday Using Washi Tape 

This will probably never happen again! I have my April birthday cards for the swap I'm in done early. One birthday is the 4th and one is the 9th and I mailed them today! I'm not sure if they read my blog or not, so I won't say who is getting which card. 

For the one above I used PTI for my base and the argyle embossing folder from Cuttlebug. The flower is from Prima (love their flowers!) and the gemstones are by Hero Arts. I used washi tape for the pattern on the strip and on the scalloped circle. Sorry, but I tossed all the packaging and I don't know who makes this tape. I used Nestabilities for the circles. The sentiment is from Hero Arts called Birthday Messages - CL139. I just ran my Black Soot Distress Ink around the edge to make the white "pop" a little.

Happy Birthday 

For this card I used one of my Creative Memories hexagon punches. The patterned paper is from Graphic 45's Domestic Goddess Collection. I After inking all the edges with Vintage Photo Distress Ink I placed them in a pattern and then trimmed the edges. I used the open scallop edge punch from EK Success on the blue cardstock. The blue gemstones are from Hero Arts as is the sentiment. The sentiment is from the stamp set Find Joy - CL497. The base is cardstock from PTI.

My plan is to try and stay one step ahead and get the May cards done ahead of time too. I'm not sure how that will work for me, but at least I have good intentions :)

Thanks for stopping by! This post is linked to these parties:
A Round Tuit
Made by you Monday
Crafty Showcase

2 comments:

Pam W Merwin said...

Saw this in the Flickr photostream. Just wanted to stop by and tell you how much I love your design on the hexagon card and the papers and low and behold I got to see your other card to - It is amazing too!

Karen L K said...

Good for you for being ahead. I feel you on that one. I am usually scrambling around at the last minute. Nice cards. Love that hexagon one.

09 10