Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Mother's Day Card

Happy Mother's Day

I'm back with another card using patterned paper from the Domestic Goddess Collection from Graphic 45. Hopefully you won't be tired of seeing cards with this paper! I pulled it out of my stash the other day when I participated in a challenge. I love all the patterns so I decided to create a few more cards using it. 

I love mixing patterns! I've had a few comments from people before that have questioned some of my choices. I  guess my thoughts on that are if you like it, don't worry about what others think!

Happy Mother's Day

I love making flowers. This is one that I learned to make several years ago. For the sentiment I used the Fancy Tags from Spellbinders. I die cut it on cream cardstock and then again on patterned paper. I cut the center out of the one from the patterned paper and then adhered it onto the cream one. For the flower I used scalloped circles from Nestabilities. 

I used Tim Holtz Black Soot Distress Ink around all the edges. The gemstones are from The Paper Studio and Queen & Co. I created the sentiment on the computer using one of the many fonts I have downloaded. 

Happy Mother's Day

Here's a closer view of my dimensional flower. 

Thanks for stopping by! This post is linked to these parties:






1 comment:

Arlene said...

That down home feeling - great card.

09 10