Saturday, October 13, 2012

Cards + A Video Tutorial

Happy Birthday

I created some cards using the same stamp but different patterned paper. I really love how they all look different. I added some burlap for texture on this one. I've also added a video tutorial at the end of this post on how to do this technique.

Thinking of You

For this one I added some corrugated paper, buttons and a jute bow for added texture. I love how this card reminds me of Fall colors.

Happy Birthday

I picked up the background stamp when I went to Scrapfest at the Mall of America in September. I've been looking to add more stamps for this technique to my stamp collection. 

Happy Birthday

Pink isn't a color I tend to work with very often. When I do I prefer to pair it with black. Black is one of my favorite colors to create with. 

Birthday Wishes

Whenever I make cards, tags or books I always do a lot of inking. I decided to go "ink free" on the edges of all of these cards this time. That was a little challenging for me since it always seems so automatic for me to do. I do like how they all turned out. 

Below is a tutorial on how to make this type of background. I've made videos before but never a tutorial. If you have any questions please email me or leave a comment below or on my YouTube channel.



Below are some of the supplies used for these cards. Thanks for stopping by!

This post is linked to these parties: Sew Darn Crafty, Think Pink Sunday, Saturday Showcase


I selected this post to be featured on my blog’s page at Scrapbooking Blogs.

5 comments:

judy said...

Fabulous cards! I really enjoyed your video tutorial; I hope you do more of them. I love that technique--thanks for sharing.

Martha said...

Patty, I loved your cards on Flickr! So I had to check them out on your blog.

What a FABULOUS video tutorial! I love how the patterned paper is completely transformed into a beautiful work-of-art! I will certainly be giving this technique a try, because I love embossing. Thanks for sharing this with us! GREAT job!

Cat Craig said...

Such a cool effect embossing over the patterned paper. I am going to have to try this sometime.

Unknown said...

Great tutorial Patty! Good explanation and I could follow what you were doing. Now I see that I don't really need a acrylic block for a stamp this big!

Anonymous said...

I found your cards on Flickr and then enjoyed your video tutorial. You did a great job! The flowered paper looked much better after you put the black embossing on it. Hope you do more videos.

09 10