Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Recipe Pocket Mini Book

Recipe Pocket Mini
Today I'm going to share a little mini album that I created. I'm calling it a Recipe Pocket Mini Book. I saw this book last year in the PaperCrafts Magazine "Holiday Cards & More" issue. If you have that issue it's on page 109. It was designed by Kim Kesti. My version is a little different than the one Kim created.

The photo above shows the front and below is the back.
Recipe Pocket Mini

Recipe Pocket Mini
This little book accordion folds.
Recipe Pocket Mini pg 1 & 2
There are four pockets on one side.
Recipe Pocket Mini pg 3 & 4
....and four more on the other side.
Recipe Pocket Mini pg 5 & 6

Recipe Pocket Mini pg 7 & 8
I used the So Delish collection from TPC Studios. The papers I used are called: Spice Rack, Utensils, Stripe, Everything But The Kitchen Sink and What's Baking.

I diecut the cork and cardstock with my scalloped circle Nestabilities. The stamped words are from a stamp set from Fiskars called Recipe Madness. The edges on the pockets were cut using my EK Success edge punch called Brackets. The letters that spell "Favorite" on the cover are from Jillibean Soup called Kraft Mini Black Alpha Cardstock Stickers. The letters that spell "Recipes" on the cover were diecut using letter dies from Sizzix called Cat 'n Mouse.

This is a super simple little mini to make:

You'll need two 5" x 12" strips of cardstock that you will score every 5 inches. You'll end up with two-2" flaps. Adhere one of the two inch flaps to one of the five inch squares of cardstock. That will give you one long accordion strip. I cut another five inch piece of cardstock and adhered it to the other two inch flap to create my front cover. Decorate as desired.

Recipe Pocket Mini
It's a cute little mini book. I didn't design it as a permanent holder for recipes. It will be a place to temporarily hold a recipe until I can decide if I want to make it or toss it. I'm constantly clipping recipes from magazines, etc. Instead of just piling them up, I thought this would be a perfect place for them. It would also make a great gift for someone.

Thanks for stopping by!

This post is linked to these parties: Made By You Monday, Tuesday Confessional, Take-A-Look Tuesday

No comments:

09 10