Thursday, August 30, 2018

Cards In Envy - Yellow & Black Card Challenge

Cards In Envy Yellow & Black Challenge

Cards In Envy - Yellow & Black Card Challenge

I love yellow and black together!

While I was perusing one of email lists I get everyday of card challenges, my eye caught this one and I knew I wanted to participate. The project has to be flat meaning no lumps or bumps that are thicker than 1/4". The sequins are no problem as far as adding dimension. 

I'm just going to enter the card above in this challenge even though I made two. This is my first time creating a card for this challenge. 

What I find interesting and something that I like is that they have a list of upcoming challenge themes on their blog. Right now they are out to January 21, 2019! I love that I can find the themes I like and create a card further in advance. I wish more card challenge blogs would do this. I'd probably be able to participate in more. When you work full-time, some days are more exhausting than others. It's hard to make the deadlines of some of the challenges you want to play along with. Some evenings I just can't get any crafty time in. I don't always have the whole weekend to craft. Enough of that, on to my cards!

Products for both cards are identical except for the sentiment and the stencil I used. The first card uses a stencil from Hero Arts. I'm not sure what the name of it is. The second card uses a stencil from Heidi Swapp. Again I'm not sure what the name is. The image on both is from Rubbernecker Stamps called Floral #4. Both sentiments are from The Most Beauty stamp set by Reverse Confetti. I used Distress Oxide in fossilized amber for the background and VeraFine in onyx black for the sentiment. 

Cards In Envy Yellow & Black Challenge 

Cards In Envy Yellow & Black Challenge

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Kristie said...

Your card is just beautiful! I love the pretty yellow background and the black silhouette flowers are striking against it. Thanks for joining us over at Cards in Envy!

wendipooh13 said...

this is amazing!! LOVE the image on the background!!! thanks for playing with Cards In Envy!!!!

09 10