Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge #235

So Thankful

Oh my! Once again I procrastinated getting my card done and I was hustling at the last minute. I've been working on books lately and once I switch from card to book mode I find it difficult to stop and make a card. It's the same when I'm in card mode and all I want to do is make cards. I then find it hard to stop and create books. 

When I saw this stamp set that Gina from Gina K Designs used to create a card I fell in love with it! I struggle however with stamps that are multiple step stamping. I have only a few sets because I've shied away from buying them since I feel I don't stamp them very well. I'm going to keep practicing. I feel like such a beginner with this type of stamp!

This is my card for this weeks design team for the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge. We'd love it if you'd join us with your interpretation of the sketch below. 

I created my background using distress oxide inks. The colors I used for both the background and the flowers were fired brick, fossilized amber and spiced marmalade. I used Gina K Designs ink in jelly bean green and fresh asparagus. Stamp set is also from Gina K Designs and is called Painted Autumn. I also used the match die set. For my black edges I pulled out an older EK Success punch. 


Thanks for stopping by! 

1 comment:

Eileen said...

Very pretty card! You did a perfect job multi stamping these. I think there is a learning curve to this technique, but you got it girl!

09 10