Thursday, December 1, 2011

21 Cards Of Christmas Cards - Day 1 - Christmas Greetings

Christmas Greetings

This year I'm calling my card blog posts "The 21 Cards Of Christmas". This will be my first post with card #1. I'll be posting all of them throughout the month of December.

I was actually going to streamline my cardmaking this year by only creating a few designs and making multiples of each. The last few years I've made way more designs than I needed to. I also found that I was still sending cards out the week before Christmas. Well, my husband told me he wanted 15 different cards for his employees so that upset my whole system this year! I'm happy to report that everything worked out. I started earlier and didn't let myself work on anything else but cards. I wanted to get them all finished, get photos of them and start getting them in the mail by the Monday after Thanksgiving and I accomplished that! Now I can start on some other projects I've had on the back burner.

For today's card I used something I've never used before: Penny Black Stickeroos. What an easy way to create cards! I'm not sure I'd use them for every card since I like stamping my own images, but the ones I chose worked beautifully. They're perfect for people that are just starting out and don't have alot of cardmaking supplies.

This Stickeroo is called Together In Christmas - #10-186. I did apply stickles on the poinsettia, but it's hard to see in the photo.

Other supplies used for this card: PTI Cardstock in Pure Poppy and New Leaf, Baker's Twine, Bracket Punch from EK Success, Star Dust Stickles, Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Black Soot, Memento Ink in Tuxedo Black, Stamp from TPC Studio - Christmas Greetings.

This post is linked to these parties: Show Off Your Stuff: Sewing and Crafts, Delightfully Inspiring Thursday.

Thanks for stopping!



No comments:

09 10