Friday, September 17, 2010

New Card Designs

It's been a busy few days. I've been designing some Christmas cards for display at The Baker's Wife and working on some other projects that I'll share later.

I showed my husband the card that I made with black patterned paper and his reaction was "A black Christmas card? No, no, no, no, no." I said, "Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes." Now I ask you, what's wrong with that? Personally, I think it's fine and will continue to make them. We will never agree on this.

I'll share this particular card with you first. I have alot of scraps from past projects. I kept seeing this one particular piece of patterned paper out of the corner of my eye and it was "right" for a simple Christmas card. I like to coordinate all my patterned scraps together and use them for quick cards. It seems to be such a waste not to use them. What's your thought on this one? Is the black so awful for a Christmas card?

Peace Love Joy



Here's the rest of them. I'll list the products used below the last card.

Snowflake Winter's Butterfly


Merry Christmas


Joy Merry Wishes


Ho! Ho! Ho!


Products used for these include: Doublemates cardstock, patterned paper from: GCD Studios - Chapelle - Paris Nights, Moxie - Joys of the Season - Winter Wonderland - Through The Woods, Best Creation - FaLaLa Christmas, Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Black Soot, Hero Arts Gemstones in Light Blue & Olive Green, Bazzill Cardinal Jewels, May Arts Ribbon, Gold Twine, Burlap Twine, Buttons, Hero Arts Clear Design Stamps - Winter's Butterfly - CL 234 & Holiday Sayings - CL 343

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Lin said...

Beautiful cards, each of them! My dh had the exact same response to a black and white card! I think it just makes the card classier!

Anne Gaal said...

Hi, Patty! Lovely cards! I especially like the Joy one. But the damask print on the black and white card is lovely. I can see why it called to you. It is a lovely card and it highlights that red pop! :-)

09 10