Monday, September 13, 2010

Doughnut Muffins

Doughnut Muffins


On Friday I came across this recipe on the Sugar Crafter blog. Just two words caught my attention: cinnamon-sugar. As a self confessed cinnamon addict I knew I had to make them. They're everything I thought they'd be! I think my cupcake crazy daughter Sarah, should also make them.

Just so I don't eat all of them, I think I'll surprise someone I'm going to see today with a few. She's always telling me how good everything I make sounds.

Doughnut Muffins

1 3/4 cup flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/3 cup vegetable oil
3/4 cup sugar
1 egg
3/4 cup milk

For the topping:

1/4 cup butter
1/3 cup sugar
1 Tbsp cinnamon

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and spray a muffin pan with cooking spray. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, and spices.

In another medium bowl, stir together the oil, sugar, egg, and milk.

Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir just until combined.

Spoon the batter into the muffin pan and bake 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.

While the muffins are baking, melt the butter. In a small bowl, whisk together the cinnamon and sugar. When the muffins are done, carefully remove them from the pan. While they are still warm, dip each one first into the melted butter, and then in the cinnamon-sugar to coat. Allow to cool a few minutes before serving.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

In cavewoman voice...."Me waaanttt donut!" These look wonderful. I'd eat the whole batch myself!

09 10