Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Valentine's Day Cupcake Card

If I do say so myself, this card did turn out kinda cute. I've made so many Valentine's cards lately that they all seem like a blur to me. I've come to the conclusion that I much prefer making Christmas cards to Valentine's cards.

Cupcake


I added a red pom pom for the cherry and a small piece of black burlap for the stem. The cupcake is popped up with foam dots to add dimension. All in all this card was a fun one to make.

Products Used For This Card: Bazzill Cardstock in White, Cupcake, Nathan & Blackbird, Patterned Paper by BasicGrey - Cupcake from the Nook & Pantry Collection, May Arts Sheer Nylon Edge Ribbon in Pink, Burlap Fiber in Black, Sizzix Large Valentine Originals Die - Ornament, Valentine, Fiskars Scalloped Circle Punch, Bazzill Basics Pom Poms Ribbon in Red, Hero Arts Clear Design Stamps - All Occasion Messages & Alphabet, Miscellaneous Buttons.

3 comments:

Nancy said...

I saw this on the Hero Arts Flickr site and just loved the cupcake, the pom pom cherry is so clever!

Jennifer Davis said...

Patty, in the past two days we've sold FOUR of the Valentine dies!!!!!! You are rocking the sweetness babycakes! =)

Jennifer Davis said...

Oh, and two ladies had me photocopy three of your cards for them!!!!

09 10