Friday, January 8, 2010

Key To My Heart

Have you ever started making a card and then right from the beginning you know it's going to be a challenge? That's what happened while making this one. I love this duplex cardstock because it has a nice feel to it. However, you have to be very careful when folding your card and using your bone folder. I don't recommend using a scorer with this paper either. After I had the card ready to go I noticed a few bumps on my fold. I didn't want to waste the paper (I hate doing that!), so I inked the edges and lo and behold it worked magic! I liked how it looked, so I went ahead and inked around the heart also. After I had the whole card put together, I think the black edging gave it a more dramatic look. I also didn't think the card even needed a sentiment. It's become one of my favorites of all the Valentine ones I've made so far.

Heart & Key


Products used for this card: Duplex Cardstock in Red/White, Bazzill Cardstock in White, Blackbird & Dotted Swiss in Ballet, May Arts Sheer Nylon Edge Ribbon in White & Burlap Fiber in Black, Sizzix Large Valentine Bigz Die - Heart & Key, Hero Arts Pearl Gemstones & Memento Ink in Tuxedo Black.

2 comments:

Karen Howard said...

The black ink does make the card look more elegant! Love the pearls on the heart and the black key.

Vicky said...

Love it!

09 10