Friday, August 14, 2009

Dinner Tonight

I used the crockpot for tonight's dinner and it smelled so good in here today. I made Saucy Apricot Chicken from the "Taste of Home Chicken Cookbook". This was a super easy throw in the crockpot main entree and only has three ingredients. There are even leftovers for another night...now that's what I call easy cooking! The recipe is below the picture. The only thing I changed was that I used one 18 ounce jar of apricot preserves instead of two 12 ounce jars.

Saucy Apricot Chicken


Saucy Apricot Chicken
Dee Gray of Kokomo, Indiana

Yield 6 servings.

6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
2 jars (12 ounces each) apricot preserves
1 envelope onion soup mix
Hot cooked rice

Place chicken in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Combine the preserves and soup mix; spoon over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until a meat thermometer read 170. Serve with rice.

No comments:

09 10