Thursday, August 13, 2009

Recipe Of The Day - Fluffy Key Lime Pie

I was going through email this morning cleaning up my inbox and ran across this recipe that I had forgotten about. I subscribe to the Taste of Home Weekly Light Desserts Newsletter and received this recipe this past March. It looked so good, so I made the pie and it was delicious! I then made a few more and sent them to work with my husband. Frances VanFossan of Warren, Michigan submitted this recipe to Taste of Home. I didn't take a picture of the pie I made, so here's a picture from the newsletter.

Fluffy Key Lime Pie


1 package (.3 ounce) sugar-free lime gelatin
1/4 cup boiling water
2 cartons (6 ounces each) reduced-fat key lime yogurt
1 carton (8 ounces) frozen fat-free whipped topping, thawed
1 reduced-fat graham cracker crust (8 inches)

In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Whisk in yogurt. Fold in whipped topping. Pour into crust. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or until set. Yield: 8 servings.

One serving: 1 piece
194 Calories
3 g Fat
1 g Saturated Fat
2 mg Cholesterol
159 mg Sodium
33 g Carbohydrate
0 g Fiber
3 g Protein
Diabetic Exchange: 1 starch, 1 fruit, 1 fat.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow, this sounds great, Patty, and even less fattening than the recipe I posted a week or so ago. Key Lime Pie is such a great refreshing dessert! anne

09 10