Sunday, October 28, 2018

Freshly Made Sketches Challenge #360

Thankful Grateful Blessed 

Where does the weekend go?!

I feel like it was just Friday and I was so happy to be leaving work and looking forward to two days of doing what I want to do. The weekends never last long enough. At the very least they should always be three days long. All I can say is thank God I'm super close to retirement! I can't wait!

I watercolored some mixed media cardstock Friday evening and Saturday morning with distress inks. The colors I used were peeled paint, dried marigold, barn door, wild honey, crushed olive, spiced marmalade, mustard seed and rusty hinge. While letting my panels dry I started looking through challenges to see if there were any that I wanted to link up some cards to. I found a few with one being a sketch challenge for Freshly Made Sketches

I started by stamping leaves using the Reverse Confetti stamp set called Fall Foliage and then die cutting them with their companion die set.  

Thankful Grateful Blessed

Thankful Grateful Blessed

I used mustard seed distress ink first on my background. Then using a Tim Holtz layering stencil called linen, I used a stencil brush to lightly ink the background with spiced marmalade distress ink. 

Thankful Grateful Blessed

I die cut my circle from one of the watercolor panels using a double stitched circle die from Our Daily Bread. 

The sentiment I used is from the Gina K Designs Autumn Wreath Builder stamp set. 

Thankful Grateful Blessed

Thanks for taking the time to stop by! 

1 comment:

Karren said...

Wow, your background looks amazing and works perfectly with this gorgeous foliage! Fabulous card! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

09 10