Saturday, November 25, 2017

Vintage Blessings Mini Album

Vintage Blessings Album 

This was such a quick, easy little book to make!

I made the cover one evening last week. The pages were made another evening. I can only get a little done in the evening after a stressful day of work. Thursday evening I matted all the pages and yesterday I put it altogether. 

The collection I used is called Vintage Blessings from Simple Stories. I bought the collection kit and the chipboard sticker pieces. 

I followed a tutorial from Ginger over at My Sisters Scrapper. I cut my paper for my cover a little different than she did and I leave a bigger gap between my cover and spine. I have issues with cracking cardstock if I don't leave a big enough gap. I also added an extra flap to one of the pages. 

I love Ginger's tutorials. When you've been making books for awhile you can customize what you like. Over the years of being inspired by all my favorite book makers I can usually look at one of their projects and know how I want to customize it. I take bits and pieces of all the things I've learned from all of them and put a little of this and a little of that in my books. There are so many people out there that share their knowledge and I'm so grateful for that! I can now adjust sizes for my pages, covers and spines to create almost any size book. I tend to stay toward the smaller sizes. I like those best. 

On the front and back covers above and below,  I used some of the chipboard stickers and some of the stickers that were included in the kit. I matted the wording and used foam tape to adhere to the book for some dimension.

Vintage Blessings Album 

Vintage Blessings Album 

I left the spine blank, just using patterned paper. 
Below are all the photos of the inside pages. 

For my mats for the pockets I cut apart images from the collection and matted them on black cardstock. There are two side pockets for a photo mat. I used patterned paper from the collection and left the backs plain. 

Vintage Blessings Album 

Vintage Blessings Album 

Vintage Blessings Album 

Vintage Blessings Album 

Vintage Blessings Album 

Vintage Blessings Album 

Vintage Blessings Album 

Vintage Blessings Album 

Vintage Blessings Album 

Vintage Blessings Album 

Vintage Blessings Album 

Vintage Blessings Album

This is a very cute collection! I believe I have enough paper left to create another small book. 

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

09 10