Sunday, July 2, 2017

Super Simple Hugs Card

Painted Hugs

I've been playing with my distress oxides and I really love them! I love them so much that I will have to order the next new set of 12 that have now been released. I really love the way they blend.

I've made a bunch of cards lately but I haven't taken photos of all of them yet. Once I do I'll post them.

For this card I used the 1/8 - inch pieces of scraps that I cut off of two backgrounds I'm going to create cards out of. I haven't even started them yet. I usually toss the scraps in the trash but I remembered a video I had seen where Jennifer McGuire used her scraps for cards. I didn't do anything special, I just adhered the strips randomly to the card base. I used distress oxide inks in worn lipstick, broken china, wilted violet and fossilized amber. I diecut a heart in white cardstock  from the Tim Holtz Sizzix Alterations Scribbles and Splat die set and adhered it on top of the random strips. I used Ken Oliver's Stick It sheets since the heart is quite intricate. I love this stuff and can't be without it! The hugs sentiment is from Simon Says Stamp and is called Painted Hugs. I cut it out of white cardstock and used broken china oxide ink on top of the diecut for color. I did cut it out three times and adhered each diecut together fro some dimension. Again, I use Stick It to adhere each layer.

Super simple card and it used up some scraps I would've tossed in the trash. I really should use up my scraps more often.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

09 10