Saturday, October 8, 2016

Christmas Mini Album

Christmas Album

I made two more mini albums like this one that I made in September. I just love the size of these books. They measure 5 -1/8-inches by 8-inches. To me they are just the perfect size. For my cover I used a Sizzix die and cut a bunch of the branches. I then cut them apart and made them into a wreath. The embellshment came from my stash of wreath making supplies. The bow is made from some ribbon in my stash using a tutorial from Gina K. I took some classes from Bella Crafts Connection at the Mall of America and she was kind enough to let me tape her creating one. Bows are so hard for me! I either have to use a fork or another thing I have to make bows with. 

Christmas Album

I decided to add two waterfalls to this book. One on the inside front and back cover.  I wasn't sure if I'd need to increase the spine or not. Turns out it worked out and the spine is the same size as the other books I made. 

Christmas Album

I just love that there are so many pockets and places for photo mats.

Christmas Album

I came across this paper by accident. I had stopped into Hobby Lobby for a pack of Kraft paper and walked by a display of paper that was 50% off. I looked at it, went on my way and went pack and loved it so much I picked up the 12x12 and the 6x6-inch pads. It's called Old World Winter. It has a little bit of texture to it and I love that.

Christmas Album

Christmas Album

Christmas Album

Christmas Album

Christmas Album

That's it! I didn't add any embellishments to the inside. There is room, but I think the paper is beautiful that it's doesn't really need anything else. I want the book to have room for photos and or journaling. 

My next post will be another book using the same concept just changed up a bit. 

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

09 10