Sunday, December 14, 2014

Virginia's View Challenge #10 - All Things Distressed

Virginia's View Challenge #10 - All Things Distressed

Here's my card for Virginia's View Challenge #10. I'm always drooling over the cards that are entered in Virginia's challenge. They are always so gorgeous! 

The theme is All Things Distressed. I never have an issue with creating anything and distressing it. I love the look. For this card I went a little out of my comfort zone. I always see all these beautiful cards that are colored. I will never be able to do that. I have maybe four markers to my name. However, I do have the Tim Holtz Distress Markers. The stamp I used is called Christmas Truck by Stampendous. Using distress markers on the stamp itself, I then stamped the image onto my paper. I know this is something people have been doing forever, but I don't generally do it. I'm happy with the way it turned out. The colors I used are: pine needles, vintage photo and barn door. I used a regular distress pad in vintage photo to ink my edges. All the gems on the tree and wreath are from TPC called Holly Jolly Mini Jewels. Base cardstock is Vintage Cream from PaperTrey Ink. Sentiment is by Hero Arts called Very Merry Christmas. 


Definitely make it a point to stop by the challenge and check out all the awesome cards!

Thanks so much for stopping by!



1 comment:

Virginia L. said...

I am SO glad that you are able to play...and now I am DROOLING over YOUR card, Patty! The inking and added bling details are just right! Happy to know taht you tried something a little different! Thanks so much for playing Virginia’s View “All Things Distressed” Challenge! Hope you are doing well! I wish you a beautiful Christmas season! HUGS!

09 10