Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Holly Jolly Christmas - Anything Goes Christmas Challenge

Holly Jolly Christmas Challenge

What it difference it makes when I can take a photo by natural light....and not even with any sun out! I've had the worst time lately trying to get decent photos of the cards I'm creating. It's been so gray and depressing out. I have to get the photos on the weekend since it's dark before I leave for work and almost dark when I get home. I do try to take some in a couple of different areas in the house at night but they definitely don't turn out as good as this one. Being off work today made it a great day to take photos!

Today's card is being linked up to the Holly Jolly Christmas Challenge. This challenge is an "Anything goes Christmas challenge". Those are my favorites. I do like sketch and/or color combination challenges, but I also like challenges where you have a theme and can just do whatever works for you. I do tend to stay away from challenges that require the use of a certain brand of stamp or having to use digital images. 

For this card I used a stamp that I've had for quite awhile. It's called Dad's Truck and is made by Printworks. A few years back my late husband and I stopped in a store called The Stamp Shoppe in Schofield, WI which is where I found it. I remember loving the large selection of ribbon that this store carried. I used Tim Holtz distress ink in black soot on the stamp, spritzed it with water and then stamped onto watercolor cardstock. For the greenery I diecut one of the Tim Holtz dies from the Holiday Greens set, cut it apart and adhered it to the back of the truck with glossy accents. The bow is something I had in my stash. Base cardstock is from PaperTrey Ink. The watercolor cardstock is matted with paper from Colorbok and the patterned paper is Silent Night by October Afternoon. The headlights are glitter dots by Dress It up. For my sentiment I used a stamp set from Hero Arts called A Very Merry Christmas. 



Holly Jolly Christmas Challenge

Take time to stop by and check out all the beautiful cards that everyone has created.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

No comments:

09 10