Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Stamp Organization

Stamp Organization 

I'm in the middle of organizing my craft room. I've done this several times before. I always think I've got it altogether and then it looks like a tornado has gone through it. This time I'm doing it right. I'm going through every last thing in my room if it takes me til the end of August. I will be doing a before and after when I'm done. Before I started I went through and took photos and video of my mess. 

The other day I was going through some of my favorite sites and came across a post that was perfect for what I'm doing. My friend Anne over at Gaal Creative must have been reading my mind! When I saw how she was organizing her stamps, I knew exactly how I wanted to get mine in order. 

I couldn't find the same filing tabs that she used. At first I was pretty bummed out about it. I checked several places where I live and finally settled on the note tabs shown in the photo above. Anne's package had 24 in them and the ones I bought only had 10.

Stamp Organization

I promptly went home and got started. I had three baskets of clear stamps begging for attention. After working my way through one of them, I realized that it was going to cost me a fortune to get this project done.

Stamp Organization

I moved to Plan B. I paid almost three dollars for a package of 10 tabs. Since I only organized 30 clear stamps for around nine dollars, I had to find another way.  I have alot of manila folders so I cut strips 3/4-inch wide by 2-inches and rounded two of the corners. With the help of packaging tape on both sides of the clear backing that holds the stamps, the manila tabs are just as sturdy as using the note tabs. 

Stamp Organization

It works for me! Okay, so it takes a little more time, but that's alright. I'm hoping to condense three baskets  to maybe one or two.

Stamp Organization

The photo above shows 30 packs of clear stamps. I won't be storing them in this basket, but while I'm adding all the tabs it's a great temporary holder. I think I will store them in a photo box. I have many other clear stamps that are larger and smaller that the Hero Arts stamps I'm currently working on. I'm just so happy I saw Anne's post because it really gave me a solution I was searching for.


Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

09 10