Thursday, April 19, 2012

Reuben Casserole

Reuban Casserole 

 I love Reuben sandwiches! When I came across this Reuben casserole recipe, I raced out to buy the ingredients to make it. I found it over at Mandy's Recipe Box.

Reuban Casserole 

I have a recipe from my mother for a casserole that is similar to this one. I've made that one several times. I think I like this one better. In that recipe you don't cook the noodles. In this one you do.

Reuban Casserole 

This recipe makes a ton! That makes me happy because I can have it for lunch and we'll be eating leftovers for another dinner. We loved this dish and I will definitely be making it again.

Reuban Casserole 

 If you love Reuben's, I highly recommend this. It's delicious! I didn't have rye bread so I used Panko bread crumbs. Also, instead of adding the corn beef on top I mixed it in with the rest of the ingredients.

Reuben Casserole
(Adapted from Mandy's Recipe Box)

5 cups uncooked egg noodles (I used a 16-ounce package)
2 cans (14-ounce each) sauerkraut, rinsed and drained
2 cans (10-3/4-ounce each) cream of chicken soup, undiluted (I used fat-free, lower sodium)
3/4 cup milk (I used Almond milk)
1/2 cup onion, chopped
3/4 Tablespoons prepared mustard
3/4 lb. sliced deli corned beef, chopped
2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
4 slices day-old rye bread (I used Panko bread crumbs)
4 Tablespoons butter, melted

Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the sauerkraut, soup, milk, onion, and mustard. (This is where I added the corn beef instead of sprinkling it on top(. Drain the noodles and stir into the sauerkraut mixture. Transfer to a greased 9x13- inch pan. Sprinkle with the corned beef (if you don't mix it in earlier) and cheese. Place bread in food processor; cover and process until crumbly. (this is where I just used Panko bread crumbs instead). Toss with butter and sprinkle over top. Bake uncovered at 350° degrees for 40 minutes or until bubbly. Enjoy!

I know I promised a before and after of my craft room. I've had a few set backs and I'm still working on it. I'm hoping to have it done it the next week or so. If not, I won't be able to post it until mid May (hopefully!). I've got alot coming up and I'm trying to get some custom orders finished which are taking a little longer than normal. I promise it will be coming!

This post is linked to these parties: Delightfully Inspiring Thursday, Full Plate Thursday


Thanks for stopping by!


1 comment:

Miz Helen said...

Hi Patty,
This is a great Casserole, that we would really enjoy. We just love anything Reuben, so this is a winner with us! Hope you have a fabulous week end and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
Come Back Soon!
Miz Helen

09 10