Saturday, January 28, 2012

Easy Slow-Cooker A.1 Swiss Steak

Easy Slow-Cooker A.1. Swiss Steak

I found this recipe in an email I received from Kraft Foods, so we tried it for dinner last night. It's as easy to prepare as the title says! The bonus is that you can toss it all in the crockpot and forget about it. That's my kind of recipe!

We liked it, so I'll be adding it to my rotation of dinner recipes. I replaced the Original Steak Sauce with the Thick & Hearty. The steak sauce really compliments the flavor in this recipe.

Easy Slow-Cooker A.1. Swiss Steak

Easy Slow-Cooker A.1. Swiss Steak
(Adapted from Kraft Foods)
2 lbs. boneless beef chuck eye roast, cut into 1-inch pieces
1/4 cup A.1. Original Steak Sauce (I used a 10 oz. bottle of Thick & Hearty Steak Sauce)
1 onion, sliced
1 can (14-1/2 oz.) diced tomatoes, undrained (I used Del Monte Basil, Garlic & Oregano No Salt Added)
2 Tbsp. flour
1/4 cup water

Toss meat with steak sauce: place in slow cooker. Top with onions and tomatoes; cover with lid.

Cook on LOW 9 to 10 hours (or HIGH 4 to 5 hours).

Mix flour and water. Stir into meat mixture; cook, covered 5 minutes or until sauce is thickened, stirring occasionally.

This post is linked to these parties: Friday PotluckFood on Fridaysffa Friday!,  Strut Your Stuff Saturday

Have a great weekend!


No comments:

09 10