Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Green Smoothies

Green Smoothie
The other day I saw two recipes for green smoothies on Pinterest. I've been doing alot of pinning lately. I really like that I don't have to save things as a favorite on my computer. I like setting up boards for different categories to access at a later date. It is soooo addicting though.....I can get lost for hours in my own little world!

I've also been under the weather for pretty much the whole month of January. I ended up getting Shingles. Quite a few people told me how awful they were and quite frankly I didn't believe them. I had no energy, not much of an appetite and pain. That was what I questioned most of all. I really didn't understand why there would be all this pain. Well, now I know! When it was really bad I either felt like someone was sticking me with needles or throwing scalding hot water on me. And if that's not horrible enough, at times it felt like someone was taking a knife and just jabbing it into my sides. Needless to say, it's been a nightmare. It seems that for every step I took forward, I would take five more backwards. When I'd feel pretty good, I'd be up doing things. Soon after I'd know that I'd overdone it.

I've done little blogging, no crafting and very little cooking. I think I'm finally over the hump. I still have a little pain, but I feel alot better than I have. Hopefully I'll be back up to full speed soon. In the meantime check out this smoothie. It's so good with tons of different fruit possibilities. I found the recipe here.
    Green Smoothie
I really liked this one. It has a nice thick texture to it. Right after I made this one I came across another recipe. It's basically the same, but uses pineapple instead of an orange and it uses water.
Green Smoothie 2
This version is not quite a thick, but I loved the taste! I like the mix of banana and pineapple. Green Smoothie 2
I have to admit, I wasn't sure if I'd like a smoothie with spinach in it. Green Smoothie 2 
I've made quite a few of these in the last week or so. I love them! The site that was referenced for this one is Green Smoothies Power Blog. I didn't find the recipe there though. There are alot of variations. The person that pinned this one on Pinterest had this recipe included with it:

Take two handfuls of baby spinach, 1 cup of chunk pineapple, 2 bananas, 1 cup of yogurt and 1 cup of filtered water. Blend and enjoy!

If you enjoy smoothies and can get past the fact that they are green, you will love them! They're pretty filling, so I've just had them for lunch a few times. You can't even taste the spinach. I like how healthy they are!


Thanks for stopping by!




No comments:

09 10