Friday, February 26, 2010

CPS Sketch 155

I'm really slow this week. I guess I've just had other things to do and haven't had alot of time for challenges. This one, from Card Positioning Systems, is one that I have completed. I really like this sketch. I have a feeling I will be using it over and over.

Thanks - CPS155


I made my flower from fat quarter fabric. The fabric on the button is from a dress that my oldest daughter wore in kindergarten! I've said before that I never throw anything away. I also found blue and white check fabric that was used for a dress for her in with material I've been saving. I'm planning on making some flowers with it also.

For the button, I used some flat cover buttons from Dritz that I came across yesterday. I was at The Quilt Cottage in Hazelhurst, WI picking up some other stuff and Lisa, who works there showed me these. I guess I don't get out much, because I had no idea they made these. I love them! Now I can make my own buttons out of fabric for my cards and layouts.

Something else that I did on this card was to use bandage roll material. I cut some from the roll it comes on and sprayed it with Memories Mists Bright Gold, let it dry and used it like you would ribbon. I saw this technique used somewhere (can't remember where), but they used it on a scrapbook layout. I like different textures, so I thought this was pretty cool.

CPS155


Thanks for looking!



Products Used For This Card: Bazzill Cardstock (I used scraps so I don't have the names of the colors), Fat Quarter Fabric, Leftover Fabric, Dritz Flat Cover Buttons, Bandage Roll Material, Memories Mists, Hero Arts Stamps "Tree Birds & Messages" CL182, Memento Ink in Tuxedo Black, Sizzix Dots Embossing Folder, CPS Sketch 155.

3 comments:

Lea L. said...

Very pretty! I love the rich colors! Thanks for joining us at CPS this week!

♥♥♥Lea

Vicky said...

ooooooh! Love your flower and where some of the fabric came from...neat idea! Nice card :)

Karen Howard said...

This is really cute!!! Love the flower, wondering what the dress looked like.

09 10