Thursday, September 17, 2009

Flower Card

I love flowers on cards! I learned to make the vellum flowers on the card below from this tutorial on Stamping Mathilda's blog. She has a lot of interesting ideas, so check out her blog if you get the chance. The idea for the flower pot came from Paper Studio. While at work the other day we were making them but on a much larger scale. I just made mine small enough to fit on my card. I also love the green ribbon with the leaves. It's such a perfect fit.

When I was in Williamsburg, VA this past May, I stopped into Scrap N Memories and they were kind enough to keep the store open for me to browse since I got there 15 minutes before closing. The clerk that was working was showing me all the flowers they make out of punches, paper folding, etc. She said they have classes just for making flowers. I would love to learn how to make more to use on my cards and layouts.

I'm working on some other cards that I will get posted in the next few days. I haven't had much time for crafting or cooking anything exciting lately. I'm not sure how much I will get done between now and next Thursday. I have a ton of other things I to do. I'll attempt to get a few cards posted if I can.

Hello Friend


Products used for this card: Red & Kraft cardstock, Cardstock by Creative Imaginations, Vellum, Sizzix Dot Textured Impressions Embossing Folder, Hero Arts Clear Design "All Occation" stamps, Ribbon.

No comments:

09 10