Saturday, August 8, 2009

Recipe Of The Day - Chicken Parisienne

I finally made the Steak Lo Mein recipe that I posted a few days ago. It was delicious! I added the picture to the recipe a few posts down if you want to check it out. I will definitely make that recipe again.

Today's recipe is one that I have made quite a few times and unfortunately I don't have a picture, but will post one the next time I make it. This recipe comes from "Best Recipes Slow Cooker Recipes" Vol. 3, No.66, March 3, 2006.

Makes 6 servings

6 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1-1/2 pounds), cubed
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom or cream of chicken soup, undiluted
2 cans (4 ounces each) sliced mushrooms, drained
1/2 cup dry white wine
1 cup sour cream
6 cups hot cooked egg noodles

Place chicken in slow cooker. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and paprika. Add soup, mushrooms and wine to slow cooker; mix well.

Cover; cook on HIGH 2 to 3 hours.

Add sour cream during last 30 minutes of cooking. Serve over noodles.

Tip: For a variation, try this dish over hot cooked rice instead of noodles.

No comments:

09 10