Tuesday, July 9, 2019

Altered Notebooks

fullsizeoutput_34a1 

About a week ago I picked up two fifty cent notebooks with the intention of altering the covers. This past Sunday I saw a blog post from Simon Says Stamp that showed an altered notebook and that's all it took for me to be inspired to try one! I went through my stash and picked things out to use. I was so inspired that I made two!

I flippin' love how both turned out! I haven't done anything to the back covers or the inside front and back covers. I'm not sure yet if I plan to or not. If I do I'll just cover them with patterned paper from one of my Tim Holtz papers. If I was giving them away I would, but if I'm going to use them I don't really need to. When the paper's gone I just have more art for my craft room!

fullsizeoutput_349b 

I've posted photos below of my progress along the way creating both of these notebooks. 

It takes awhile with all the drying time. 

fullsizeoutput_3485 

I added gesso to both covers. 

fullsizeoutput_3487 

I went through my stash and added patterned paper, dictionary paper and ephemera using distress collage medium.

fullsizeoutput_348f 

After the collage medium dried, I added some white paint. 

fullsizeoutput_3493 

After the paint dried, I used stencils to add distress grit-paste. 

fullsizeoutput_3495 

When all was dry, I added several different acrylic paint colors. 

I spritzed a lot of water to move the paint around and dried in between the colors. 

fullsizeoutput_3499 

After all the paint dried I added some distress crayon with my finger in vintage photo with my finger. 

fullsizeoutput_3483 

For the second notebook, I added gesso first and then die cut some leaves using a die from Simon Says Stamp and added acrylic paint. After the paint dried, I added the leaves using collage medium. 

fullsizeoutput_348b 

Once the paint dried, I added more paint drying in between layers. 

fullsizeoutput_345f 

When all paint layers were dry, I smudged some distress crayon in places with my finger. 

Below are the products I used. I missed adding a few products in the photos, but I've listed all the names below. 

p8Pg7z6ZR%2oyW+HgKsVDA 

g4eO3Tr9S8eMI+8VUeo5Iw 

gjsTFkveTBmOpbHDQ+r+qw 

nLTBvySNRNCU6ZaLKo+ilQ

I thought I had lost the dictionary pictured above! I would have been so sad if I hadn't been able to find it! I use dictionary paper for a lot of projects.

I cleaned my craft room a few months ago and put things where I thought they should go. Three times now I have been looking for a particular item and haven't been able to find them. When I clean I purge a lot and I'm always thinking I've gotten rid of something that I want to use. Thankfully, I have had to rip my room apart on several occasions but I have found the items that I've been looking for!
Thanks for stopping by!


Products used:
These were the products not pictured:
Simon Says Stamp: Clustered Leaves die
Tim Holtz Distress Paint - Vintage Photo
Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Ink - Vintage Photo

Products that were pictured:
Tim Holtz Distress products:
Crayons - Vintage Photo
Grit-Paste
Collage Medium
Paint - Picket Fence
Paint - Vintage Photo
Tim Holtz Idea-ology products:
Quote Chips
Hardware Heads
Fragments
Ephemera Pack - Snippets
Layers - Collector
Layer - Remnants
Paper Stash
Design Tape: Butterfly
Design Tape: Postal
Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous Layering Stencils:
Gradient Hex
Grid Dot
Linen
Gradient Square
Gradient Dot
ARTplorations Stencil: Happy Flowers
Master's Touch Acrylic Paint:
Scarlet
Virdian
Permanent Black
Violet
Yellow Med
Titanium White
Phthalocyanine Blue
Ranger Glossy Accents 




No comments:

09 10