Sunday, November 4, 2018

CAS on Sunday Challenge #145

Awesome 

This is my clean and simple card for the challenge going on over on the CAS on Sunday: Challenge #145 blog. 

I was at a scrapbook retreat the last four days with a lovely, lively fun group of women. We had a blast! I don't usually get a lot done at these events because I spend more time socializing than I do crafting. I did get quite a few cards done for some challenges going on this week and this is the first one that I'm posting. Many more to come in the next few days!

Awesome 

I really love clean and simple cards. The theme for this card is to make a card to brighten someones day. That's not hard for me because I have a lot of stamps sets with positive sentiments, which are my favorite!

This card was pretty easy to put together. I applied distress oxide ink in mermaid lagoon over a Tim Holt layering stencil with a stencil brush. I don't have all my stuff put away yet and I neglected to write down the name of stencil. I stamped the triangles using the stamp set from Simon Says Stamp called Perfect Shapes. The sentiment is also from Simon Says Stamp called Handlettered Encouragement. 

Awesome

The crop retreat I was at is in a cute little town in Buffalo, MN. On the first day of the crop I maybe got one card finished. The second day I was gone for quite a while because a few of us took a field trip to St. Cloud, about 50 miles or so away so that we could go to this wonderful craft store called Crafts Direct. The third day the same few of us went shopping around Buffalo, MN where the crop was held because all the stores were open. There are so many fun little boutiques, occasional sales and antiques stores to go through! We didn't hit them all but we did get to quite a few. 

Saturday evening I really got busy so that I would have cards for the challenges I want to participate in. I had a fantastic time, but it's back to reality and that means going back to work! Thankfully I was smart and took an extra day off so I can get all my stuff put away and just rest!

Thanks for taking the time to stop by!

1 comment:

Zw@@n said...

Wow, gorgeous CAS card. Great colours and design. I love the sentiment. Thank you for joining us at CAS on Friday. Luv, Wilma

09 10