Monday, September 10, 2018

Crazy for CAS #9 - Pinterest Inspired

Crazy for CAS - Pinterest Inspired

For today's card I'm linking to a challenge from Crazy for CAS Pinterest Inspired

UPDATE: I tried to link my card to this challenge and their link isn't working.

Your card has to be inspired by a card that you saw on Pinterest. 

 I was inspired by the card below from Jen Nelson. Her blog is The Tiny Blue Butterfly.

My inspiration was the fall colors, the leaf and of course the black. 

This is really the first time I've ever created Fall/Autumn cards. 

I had a fall stamp set a few years ago, but only used it once or twice. 

I've created quite a few Fall cards this year with the stamps and dies I've picked up here and there. 


Crazy for CAS - Pinterest Inspired

For the background of the leaf and for my sentiment I used Distress Oxide inks in these colors: crushed olive, barn door and wild honey. I put ink on my media mat, spritzed water on it and then kept dipping my card stock into it and drying it in between colors.

Crazy for CAS - Pinterest Inspired 

I die cut my leaf on the white panel. I stamped the leaf onto the panel I had watercolored with Distress Oxide inks. The stamp and die set are from Rubbernecker called Splatter Leaves and Fall Leaf Die set. After positioning the stamped leaf under the white panel I used foam tape to adhere the panel to my my card base.

Using another piece of the watercolored background I stamped my greeting. The sentiment is from Sunny Studios called Autumn Greetings. The frame is from Reverse Confetti called All Framed Up Confetti Cuts. Bling from my stash finalized my card.

Crazy for CAS - Pinterest Inspired 

Thanks for taking the time to stop by!

No comments:

09 10