Sunday, July 16, 2017

Smile & Hello

Smile & Hello 

Today I pulled out a stencil I bought from Hero Arts called Graphic Patterns Stencil Pair. I'm not sure how old it is as I picked it up at a stamp show I just went to.  It may be a little older, but it's new to me. I create four stenciled panels. Since there are two stencils I used each stencil to make two panels using different colors of distress oxide inks. For the card above I used salty ocean and cracked pistachio. Fossilized amber and picked raspberry were used for the card below.

I used an Echo Park die called sentiments word die set for the first card. There are five dies in the set. The sentiments are: enjoy, thanks, hello, smile and today. For the other part of the sentiment I used a stamp set from Simon Says Stamp called choose happy.

After I stenciled each panel, I spritzed some water onto each panel to let the ink activate. I then misted some sheer shimmer spritz by Imagine crafts over each panel. The photos don't capture the shimmer on the cards, but it looks really cool. 

Smile & Hello

The card above uses a die from WPlus9 and the sentiment is from their matching stamp set called hand lettered hello. For each card I diecut the smile and hello dies three times and adhered them together. I also heat embossed the sentiments using clear and white embossing powder. On the second card I used ebony black Nuvo crystal drops. 

I'll post the other two cards in another blog post. 

Thanks for stopping by!
SaveSave

No comments:

09 10