Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Floral Note Cards

Floral Note Cards

After I had these cards together I kept wondering what sentiment I should add to them. The more I looked at them I realized that they don't need a sentiment. They can be used for almost any occasion or just for a simple note to someone. Sometimes I just like to leave the sentiment off.

I used the floral #10 stamp from Rubbernecker for these cards.  I just picked this stamp up a few weeks ago when I attended Scrapbook Expo in St. Paul at the Minnesota State Fairgrounds. I also took a watercolor class from Art Impressions that day. Loved it! I would definitely take another one of their classes again. I'm hoping they offer one again next year. Back to the card.....I used distress oxide inks in fossilized amber, wilted violet and broken china on both cards. On the card with the white embossed floral image I also used worn lipstick. I can't wait to get the next set of 12 oxides! I need more colors!

Floral Note Cards 

Floral Note Cards 

The white floral image was stamped with VersaMark and the black image with VersaFine ink in onyx black. I heat embossed with clear embossing powder on the black one and white on the other one. Both images were stamped using my MISTI. What I didn't realize is after I heat embossed the white one I was missing part of one of the flowers. I remembered that a long, long time ago I purchased the VersaMarker watermark pen. I pulled it out and went over the area I missed and heat embossed it. I've had that thing forever and have never used it! Going forward that little pen will be in my most used stash of products. It was a lifesaver. I'm surprised it wasn't dried out since I'd never used it.



The background were made by adding ink to my craft mat and dabbing my cardstock through it.  Sometimes I dried it with a heat tool in between layering the inks and sometimes I let it air dry. Normally I use Strathmore 140lb Watercolor Cold Press paper for all my backgrounds that are wet. I picked up some Strathmore 140lb Mixed Media vellum surface to try and I love it! I specifically purchased this paper to use when I stamp Art Impressions Girl Friend stamps to watercolor. I wanted something with a smoother surfaced. I usually use the back of the watercolor cold press paper. I haven't had a chance to try it yet, so I'm not sure how it will work yet.

Thanks for stopping by!
Have a happy and safe 4th of July!

No comments:

09 10