Saturday, February 22, 2014

Sympathy Card Swap - So Sorry For Your Loss



I joined a Swap-A-Card-A-Month group on Facebook. The first one I participated in was a sympathy card swap. My partner was Jeanette from Rochester, NY. The thing that I like about this group is that you don't have to participate each month and you can join only the swap that appeal to you.

For the background on my card I used patterned paper from the French Country collection from Graphic 45. I die cut the white quatrefoil using a cutting plate from Taylored Expressions. It was one of my great purchases at Archiver's going out of business sale. I waited for it to go on sale at 50% off and it's a good thing I bought it then because I got the last one! The stamped sentiment is from Hero Arts and is from the set called Remember CL577. The gems are also metallic decor from Hero Arts. For the green flower, I used one I purchased at Jo-Ann's in the sewing section. The white crotched flower is from an Etsy store called Inspired & Unscripted.

Now for the card from my partner. She actually sent me two. A sympathy card for a dog and cat. I only expected one, so that was a surprise!



I did join one of the swaps for March. I'll be sure to post the card I create and the one I receive. It's always great to see the work of others. It's fun to see how creative everyone is.

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

09 10