Sunday, April 7, 2013

Scrappy Girls Make It Better Challenge #3

Birthday Wishes 

Whew! I just finished my card for the Scrappy Girls Make It Better challenge by the skin of my teeth! The sketch is below and it's one from Tsunami Rose Designs. I've had all week to work on this as the challenge runs from Monday to Sunday. I really struggled with this one and almost threw in the towel. I tried many combinations and just couldn't find something that I liked. We were to use the sketch and incorporate our favorite colors. I love black, red, kraft and white together. I have so many favorite colors and combinations and this is just one of many. Finally something clicked and I was able to create this card.

For this card I used kraft cardstock from PTI and Bazzill cardstock in black and white. The Martha Stewart edge punch I used is called eyelet lace. The buttons are from my stash. The patterned paper is from Creative Imaginations. The sentiment is from Hero Arts called Birthday Messages - CL139.

The Scrappy Girls Make It Better is a group that is open to the public. You can visit it by clicking here.


 


Thanks for stopping by! This card will be linked here:


No comments:

09 10