Thursday, October 25, 2012

Social Media Icons + Scrapfest Bazzill Believe Mini Album

 

I'm so excited! I finally found a tutorial I could follow to add social media icons to my blog! Yay! I still have to figure out how to make the icons smaller, but for now they'll have to do!  My next project is to figure out how to create a blog button. I have the icon I want to use, I just have to figure out how to do the coding.

I've been searching for a simple, easy to follow tutorial for quite awhile but couldn't find anything for a rookie like me. I received an email from one of my favorite bloggers, Karen, who blogs over at Sew Many Ways. I follow her blog religiously and it's not all about sewing! I love her tutorials and her Tool Time Tuesday feature.

The last time I tried to install something on my blog I totally messed it up and it cost a good chunk of change to have it fixed. Let's just say my husband wasn't pleased with me, but forked over the cash to let me have it fixed! I told myself I'd never try to do anything to my blog that involved html code ever again, but oops, I did! I'm happy to report that following her tutorial to add these icons to my blog worked! I also want to give credit to Carrie Loves because that's where Karen found the icons. After I downloaded the icons I realized I didn't have one for Etsy. I emailed Carrie to see if she had one and she very kindly emailed one to me! Please visit both blogs and tell them I sent you!

Now on to my mini album. This is another class I took at Scrapfest in September. This is the third project I've finished. I still have seven more to go. I'll post them as I finish them, but they're going to be spread out quite a few months because I have some other obligations that I have to work on since we're approaching the holidays.

Scrapfest Bazzill Believe Mini Album 

 I'll warn you that my photos for this book aren't the best. The pages are in a three-ring binder and because they're in plastic sleeves it was hard to get them to stay upright. I took the pages out of the book to at least get a half decent photo. Also we've had some very gray days so getting the lighting right was also difficult. There are also a lot of pages so I made collages so this post isn't so photo heavy.

Above is the cover which I just adore! I really like this paper collection. I didn't take a photo, but the side, back and inside front and back covers are plain with no patterned paper on them. Now some people that took the class weren't happy about that. It doesn't bother me because I like the bare chipboard look. 

Scrapfest Bazzill Believe Mini Album

Of course I had to get Margie Romney-Aslett's signature on my book! I really enjoyed taking the class from her. She's a wonderful instructor with a great sense of humor.

I've added the photos in four different collages with five photos each. 

Scrapfest Bazzill Believe Mini Album

Scrapfest Bazzill Believe Mini Album

Scrapfest Bazzill Believe Mini Album

Scrapfest Bazzill Believe Mini Album

Without going into great detail about this album, I'll just say I do like this way to scrapbook. I like being able to not always think that I have to create 12 x 12 pages. I also like the concept of using these sleeves to create smaller pages. This would be an excellent way for a new scrapbooker to slowly start scrapbooking as you really don't need a ton of supplies. A list of the supplies used will be posted at the bottom of this post. 

On another note, putting together this book was not without challenges! Because you don't have time (if you're slow like me!) to finish projects while at Scrapfest taking classes, you don't always know if  you'll be shorted supplies in your kit. I was short a great deal of paper in this kit. It turned out fine because since I'm a "paper ho" (did I just say that?!) I was able to go through my stash and find paper to match. Happy ending to what could have been a disaster!

Hopefully by next week I'll have a video up for this book. I also plan to do one for the two Teresa Collins mini books I've made. I also want to thank everyone for the kind comments that I received on my blog and by email regarding my first tutorial I posted. I have some other tutorials planned, I just have to sit down and do them. I've been asked about how I do a few things and I've been giving my cousin some ideas. We live about 300 miles apart and sometimes it's hard to tell her how to do certain techniques over the phone. Video tutorials will be easier.

Thanks for stopping by!

Below are some of the supplies used for this album. I also used Bazzill Solid Cardstock in Leap Frog, Red Devil and French Vanilla. I also used red and green burlap for some of the pages. 

No comments:

09 10